Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bloggity

I follow A LOT of blogs.  Like a crazy amount- and I add more every week.  I just troll around looking for good stuff.  I have a lot of mommy blogs in my feed reader, a few tech/teacher blogs, a few random things I heard about (like 65 Red Roses and Faking It), friends blogs, and the New Trier Tech guy's stuff.  I LOVE him.  He does great stuff and puts together fabulous presentations with cool music and never breaks any copyright laws and never reads his slides to his audience and I kinda want to be him when I grow up.  But I digress...

Check out some of my favorite blogs on the blog list over there.  Come on- I know you want to.  I can't remember what it was like before I could hop on the interloop here and read people's diaries.  However, I can remember heading to the library at term paper time and sitting in front of the periodical index and walking the shelves searching for the magazines I needed.  I didn't work a mouse until college.  My family's first printer was a dot matrix with the paper with the holes on the side.  I took my walkman to college.  My mother still has a tiny green transistor radio in the bathroom.  My dad only broke down and bought that big huge portable phone in 1996  or so after I got stranded in IN with Evil Chris after a camping trip and we ran out of quarters.

My, how times have changed.

This week my class has been working on a multimedia project during our down time after the ISAT test.  I am working with 2 classes to transform a song... hopefully I can get it done in a few naptimes this weekend.  It got me thinking about a video my tech coordinator showed us at the beginning of the year.  As a matter of fact, Katie was looking for this today, and I thought it was weird that I was thinking about just this topic as my kids were working.  As I said, my, how times have changed.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Ah the Tandy computer, beepers, Jiffy Pop on the stove and not in the microwave...crazy how far we've come!