Tuesday, August 3, 2010

OFGS- The Lean part of ChaLean Extreme


Here's the latest slim down report: I have lost 23 lbs and have 20.5 lbs left to lose. I feel stronger and I am able to do things I have not done in a long time. What, you ask? Well, I will list them below.

1. I no longer get winded walking up the stairs at home.
2. I no longer get heartburn when I lay down at night.
3. I need a belt.
4. I can paint my toenails/tie my shoes/bend over to pick stuff up and can breathe normally while doing so.
5. I can carry AJ with one arm for "long" periods of time. In this case "long" means until he stops crying.

I am still having pain in my knees, but as long as I keep moving and keep them "oiled" I can live with it.
There are plenty of challenges I still face. I will list these too, so you see that this is real and no walk in the park. To reach my goal of "Fit at 40" I will have to buckle down and really re-assess the journey.

1. I am having a hard time getting up in the morning to work out. A real hard time.
2. Sticking to a healthy eating plan remains a constant challenge. Junk calls my name. I hear it. I have locked it out of the house but it still calls me. Like a vampire wanting to be invited in.

3. Although the pounds have started to come off again (thanks to Shakeology) they are still coming off slower than I would like. I have been losing .5 lbs per week and I would like to see 1-2 lb losses instead, but I'm greedy.
4. I am nervous that I will not be able to do some of the exercises in the Lean Circuits. Wow they look hard.

Chalene and Coach Katie say I should write down goals and share them to make them more "real" and attainable. So here are my new goals for this new phase.

1. Get up. Early.

2. Take off 7 lbs before school starts on September 9th so I can start the school year 30 lbs lighter. That is in 37 days. 5 weeks and 2 days. That means about 1.4 lbs per week. Hmmm.


3 comments:

M said...

Congrats on your latest accomplishments!

Unknown said...

Great job! I know how hard it is as I had similar goals and have lost 0 pounds. You are inspiring!

Mrs. Choudhary said...

Keep it up Liz. You have taken ownership of your goals. You WILL reach them. You are an inspiration! Continue your good work. Lean is a great month.