Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas FINALLY Came

Christmas Eve 2010

After what seemed like forever, it was finally time to leave for the Christmas Eve party at Uncle Fred and Aunt Nancy's house. I always like going over there for Christmas because that house is the "Old Family Homestead" sort of thing. My granny had Christmas there as a girl, and my mom and her siblings had Christmas there as kids, too. They have glass doorknobs over there, and you know someplace is old and comfortable when they have those.

Madeline and Emi were enjoying their first Christmas parties and Jason and Jessica were in from far and wide. Jody and Brenden were there, too and so was the Oyster Stew! I ate too many cookies and mint fudge. AJ played, ran, stole cookies and was wary of gifts.







Due to snow and a frightful cold, I did not make it to church last night and therefore feel like something is missing form this nice holiday, but seeing as I have spread germs all over already, I felt like getting to bed after a warm shower was a good idea.



Christmas Morning 2010

NORAD tracked Santa to Belize last I checked, so I figured I better get tucked in before he hit North America so as not to miss his visit. He came and left a few fun things for AJ. AJ, however, was not too into it this year, so Santa better get his act together for 2011!

Mike was very generous and I have a shopping trip in my future to 2 of my fave places for clothes. He also got me the latest Patricia Cornwell novel. AJ and I got him a SkyCaddie. Gramma Betty and Papa Rog came over for brunch and we opened more presents. GEARS!







Mom gave me a train calendar. It was a hit.

Sure AJ loved the "Big Bucket O'Gears Gears Gears!" ...

But some other boys liked them, too...


No comments: