Monday, June 30, 2008

Babywearing Conference 2008

AJ and I went to the International Babywearing Conference last week. I have written about this in the past and apparently my sister now thinks I am a crazy hippy. I figured the people watching opportunities would abound, and I was right.


There were many kinds of mothers there from many parts of the US and the world. I met ladies from Colorado and Kansas, as well as from Madrid, Germany and Switzerland. Some mothers were like me, and some mother were VERY VERY DIFFERENT. But we all had a common love of carrying, holding, and wearing our babies.


I learned a few things and got to try out new wraps, carriers, and slings. AJ was very agreeable and let me tie us up together in some new ways. As long s he got a break and scooted around a bit he was happy. I did not get any pictures, however. I felt weird asking people I didn't know if I could take their picture, so I missed the opportunity. However, there was a photog there and I found that she posted some pics she took. I want to give her credit as these are not my pics (I am a terrible photographer) and these pics are great! Stephenie Dame Photgraphy's link is http://www.stepheniedamephotography.com/index2.php. She is the one that took these:



I enjoyed my time there and picked up some tips- some info didn't suit me and I feel fine disregarding it and will use what I found helpful. I can't wait to read comments my 3 readers leave...many people think I am nuts regarding this topic, so this will be a treat! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time!! AJ is so blessed to have such an open minded mommy!!! Hold him while you can, they aren't little for long! ;-) Love you guys!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I don't even get a shout out?

HoopDee and DJ Vanilla Nice said...

So now you know what I mean... west coasters are different. Love it! go Baby Wrappers, Go!