Sunday, December 7, 2008

1

AJ turned one on December 3rd. I spent the day remembering what I was doing a year ago and how much has changed since. He spent the day at Miss Melba's having fun times and a little party with his daycare friends. He had no idea it was a special day and just enjoyed the extra kisses (2000 instead of the typical 1000) from his mama.

Having AJ certainly has changed many things about me, Mike, and the 2 of us as a couple. I remember how people gave me unsolicitaed advice (as people do) about having kids and what to expect, but nothing really prepares you for it until you live out 12 months in the company of a little person. Nothing prepared me for the amount of love I would feel for him or the pride I wouls feel for Mike. On the flip side, however, I was not prepared for the feelings of depression and intense anxiety I began to feel as he got a little older. Now that those feelings are getting less "in my face" I can look around and feel pretty lucky that I share my space and my time with Little AJ (I guess I can't call him Baby AJ anymore...).

Looking back to early December 2007, I was overwhelmed and tired, but couldn't get over how perfect the little bundle was. In early December 2008, I am still overwhelmed and tired, and STILL cannot get over how perfect my big bundle is.

In the coming year I am looking forward to watching him grow and learn, but I think what I am most looking forward to is the possibility that I may once again be able to use the bathroom in private.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday AJ!!!!!!!!!!!