Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Santa's Workshop

I am somewhat of a toy Nazi. I like AJ to have a few toys that he really likes rather than a roomful of stuff that he sorta likes. And I like natural toys- wood, fabric, safe plastic or metal. I like things made from sustainable materials and that have non toxic paint. I dislike too many battery operated toys or things that make too much noise. I think a toy should be 90% kid and only 10% toy. So when he received just a few good things for Christmas, I was very pleased. He LOVES his new ride on truck. Even though it is REALLY LOUD, he turns on the little radio and dances to the music. He loves the siren and the horn. He puts Blankie in the storage compartment in the seat. Too cute... definitely the 90/10 I am looking for.

Another great toy is one he got from Grandma and Grandpa P. The set of magnetic blocks are safe plastic, dishwasher safe and you can take them in the tub. I recommend them!

His friend Jillian gave him a great birthday present- it is a giraffe with these little spinny things that you put in the giraffe's mouth and then they sort of spin down to the bottom. He can't quite get the things in the right place, but he loves to watch it and laugh.


AJ loves toys and it is a blast watching him learn about the world as he plays. He figures out what sounds things make, he tastes them (he loves chewing on metal, go figure) and he tries to spin everything. He takes some of his faves to bed for naps and tries to take them to the dinner table. I hope that he does not develop a love for sitting on the couch and continues to have fun with little things that we can tell him were made in "Santa's Workshop".










3 comments:

Mrs. Choudhary said...

Liz, you need to give me some advice on toys. I feel the same way. Where can I get those blocks that you were talking about in this entry?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he loves the giraffe! Ahem, I mean, Jillian is so glad he loves the giraffe!

Rachel Cole said...

Hannah got a lot of cool stuff for Hanukkah but nothing as cool as the giraffe! She really does love her ball bopper thing. AJ was playing with it in one of the pictures!