Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Should Change the Name of This Blog...

to "When Ya Gonna Wake Up?"

I spent the first 9 months of AJ's life trying unsuccessfully to get him to take a nap. He slept on me, on other people, or in strange places for small snippets of time.

He has certainly come around. He still takes 2 naps. Being 18 months old, this is a gift to me that I should not overlook. But now that he is really exciting to hang out with and we can go out and do more fun things this summer, this napping need is really cramping my style.

Napping in the morning does not impact his napping in the afternoon. And that nap does not impact his bedtime. The boy just likes to sleep. I can't believe I just typed that.

Onto some fun info that was delivered by Julie and her family in sunny CA...they were looking for some adventure and went "treasure hunting"! It looked really fun, so I Googled it and found some neat things to search for in Algonquin near Gram Betty and Papa Rog, in Glenview near Lola and Lolo, and even right around our home. I think we'll get Mike going and see if we can wrangle some freinds into making a day of it. I am kind of a nerd like that, as I like facts, going places and treasures. I'll let you all know if we find what we're looking for. By the way, check out Julie's blog if you scrapbook- she has awesome layouts!

No comments: