Saturday, January 21, 2012

It Finally Snowed

After creepy warm temps this winter, snow was finally dumped on us last night. I raced as fast as I could to Melba's (my usual 7 minute drive across the SP took 20 minutes) to jam AJ in his coat, boots, hat, and mittens. I got him into the car and we FINALLY left the SP at:
Apparently no one who is responsible for removing snow in any of the 7 towns we travel through on the way home heard the weather reports I had heard for three days prior telling the IL people that there would be snow las night. So our car joined the 10's OF MILLIONS OF OTHERS on the drive home, but the plow companies took the night off.

Here's what we did:
1. I listened to Gary Meier (although I am not a regular listener, I enjoyed it very much)
2. We ate the emergency snacks
3. We rationed the water (bathroom issues, you know)
4. We looked for trains
5. We complained about the snow
6. We looked for plows
7. We felt bad for the guy who had to be towed off of Irving Park Rd.
8. AJ threw his toys on the floor
9. AJ took his boots off
10. AJ complained about his feet being cold
11. We saw a train
12. We whined

We pulled into the garage at:

We ate crock pot food and played Chuggington.

However, the snow made for some fun play time outside this morning and the hellacious drive home was a distant memory.




I have to give props to Acres Group and the guys who clear our snow. They had our association cleared and our walks, drives and mailbox areas shoveled by 10:00 pm last night. They always do a great job!

No comments: