Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This New Generation

AJ has it pretty good over at his grandparents homes.  He gets to eat many unapproved foods in mass quantities, stay up late, mess up the house, and play with cool toys.  When Mike and I were growing up in these homes, we do not recall this level of luxury.  I felt the need to tell AJ how good he has it.  Look at these fancy sandbox amenities I never had a kid:

1.  A cover that fits so no cats get in.
2.  An actual sandbox constructed for that purpose and not a little area made out of old splintery planks.
3.  My mother eagerly and willingly running to get him a bucket of water when asks for it.
4.  The sand, oh the sand.  Reminisce with me, if you will...



1 comment:

Jamie said...

Haha-- construction sand with pebbles, rocks, and maybe even broken glass! Who knows! And splintery wooden planks with lead paint chipping of made up the box. Plus our patio had (HAS) uneven bricks with corners popping out every which way.

But God forbid I go swimming without my floaties-- that would be dangerous.