Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby as a Fashion Accessory

I am into babywearing. Very crunchy, I know. But I started wearing him in many kinds of baby "holders" when he was very small. He likes it. I know he likes it because he doesn't cry often when worn, he looks around and soaks up all the scenery, and most of the time he doesn't wiggle and protest when he is in there. I like/support babywearing so much in fact, that I am attending the Babywearing Conference 2008 in June at DePaul University. My friend Jayne and I are going together. I am interested to see just how crunchy other attendees will be. Check out the plan : http://babywearingconference.com/

Here are some photos of AJ in his many "holders". This one is one I bought at a baby fair from http://greenpeadesigns.com/ It is reversible to a brown solid pattern.

This one is a NoJo Sling. I am not as fond of this one even though it is padded because it is very warm. Yes, I am wearing my maternity black velour tracksuit. It was THAT kind of a day...

This one is a fave. I made this one out of a long strip of material I got in the Walmart discount bin. It is a fake Moby Wrap (http://mobywrap.com/t-mobywrap.aspx).


Many people have told me how well behaved AJ is and how happy and easy to care for. He is blessed with good genes of course (ha ha) but I really believe that some of that comes from him being close to me and close to my heart most of the time. Do I put him down? Sure. But both us us prefer to accessorize much of the time. I say I like to wear him, but he does think he is wearing me? :)

No comments: