Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hmm...Fruity














AJ has been playing, no he is obsessed with, an iPhone app that my invisifriend Julie recommended. Monkey Preschool Lunchbox helps him with matching, colors, letters, similarities and differences, and putting together puzzles. He helps the monkey pack his fruit in the lunchbox when he gets the answer right. Plums, oranges, apples, grapes, nectarines, lemons, limes...but the fruit of all fruits has AJ very intrigued.

The Kiwi. It is an enigma of the fruit world. It is hairy, which by my standards, makes it weird. It tastes like...kiwi. I have seen some people eat the whole thing, cut it in half and use a spoon, or slice it. It is slimy, and again-weird. I classify it's weirdness in the same category as okra.

But AJ is intrigued, as I said, so I picked up the lone Kiwi I found at the Super Target. We investigated it on the outside and when he saw that it was not a ball, we cut it open. "Kiwi!" was said numerous times at varying pitches and volumes. It looked just like the one in the game, you see and this, apparently, made AJ's day.

I scooped some out and gave to to him and he made that yum sound he makes when he likes something. I was pleased that he has added another fruit to his repertoire of healthy snack choices. Thanks, Monkey Preschool Lunchbox!

(photo from Google Images found here and here)


2 comments:

Jessica said...

uh, after reading this blog post and seeing your mini movie you posted on facebook, i'm tempted to download the app for my own iphone. uh, just to see what has aj so enthralled. (it has kiwis, right?!?!)

just to think. when we were growing up, we had cookie monster. (c is for cookie, and that's good enough for me!) apparently now, cookie monster eats vegetables and everything too, to be more pc and healthy. but as far as i'm concerned, my obsession with cheerios (also starts with c) and carbohydrates of all forms (also starts with c) can be solely blamed on cookie monster. ;)

Julie said...

Kiwi's a super fruit or so I've read. So far there isn't a fruit in that lunchbox that Jack will eat :(.

FYI-Jack's latest iPhone game obsession is Tozzles. They have a lite version, but once again that $2.99 totally paid for itself when we went out and enjoyed a meal in peace.