Saturday, July 10, 2010

Coach Katie Comes to Visit

My friend Katie (from And Then There Were Three...) stopped by today to let me try a sample of a meal replacement/supplement called Shakeology. I know, I know. If you don't know about it, it sounds a lot like SlimFast or some such nonsense. But it is actually very different than that, it just looks similar. Below is a 57 second fast breakdown. Watch if you want.


Katie has decided that she wants to pursue a business as a Beachbody Coach. This means that she is available as a resource to people who are trying to get fit, stay fit, lose weight, and eat healthfully. She can also earn money from this venture and build a business. So, she offered me a sample of the shake and I thought it would be worthwhile to video a "real live person in the trenches of weight loss who might be stuck on a plateau" to give a blow by blow reaction We made the shake, and I tried it right there on the spot. Cameraman Mike also tried it and he said it was really very good. He is a chocolate shake expert and it passed muster with him, so you know it is good.

I think I am going to try it for a month to help me blast this wall that I have hit with weight loss. I am working out more, and eating healthfully, but the pounds are not coming off and if I can curb cravings while getting vitamins I need, then I will try it. I researched Shakeology heavily before even trying it and I read all I could find on the Interloop (positive and the little negative I found) and watched a bazillion YouTube vids about it. I like what I found and think it is worth a try. Here is my slightly edited taste test!
If you are interested at all in any of the Beachbody Products (like workout videos, equipment or anything) I recommend anything by Chalene Johnson.

Katie can be found through her blog, as well as on Twitter. Her handle is minischaef34.

Her coach sit is www.beachbodycoach.com/minischaef34

No comments: