Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Toys (For Everyone)

I am NOT a photographer. In fact, I take pretty lousy pictures. That's why I leave the picturing to the professionals. However, as you know, I read blogs and one of the writers has an iPhone and raved about the Hipstamatic App. For $1.99, you get the starter Hipstapak that includes a few lenses, gels, flashes and films. I goofed around for a while (too long, really) and took pics of me, my lone tomato, my feet, and AJ in the tub.





I also purchased a few add on lenses, gels, and films. CUZ I'M HOOKED. I know they do that on purpose, too. I wouldn't have purchased an app for say, $6.00 because "that's too much money" I said. But I played with the darn thing and bought more and ended up spending $6.00 on a camera app! I like this app NOT for the camera actually. I like it because it makes my world look like the era I was supposed to be born in. I like old stuff. It makes my stuff look old. And that's cool to me.

I reminds me of this old Brownie camera I took pictures with at my Granny and Grandpa's house once, then I lost it in the garage with the film still it and when we found it years later and developed the film, it was all runny and colorful and out of focus and reminded me of a really nice day.
I used this camera this morning when Cheri from work dropped off a barrel full of trains for AJ. He lined them all up and ran them around the living room and had a blast looking at all the colors and faces on the engines.




We took a walk to the park (he took 2 trains with him) and I took his picture there, too.



2 comments:

Julie said...

Apps are fun. Chris just spent $30 on some golf app so I've lost any guilt I feel about my occasional $.99 splurge. Have you upgraded your WWF app? We should start a thread on the board about recommended apps. They seem to come out faster than I can keep up with.

Jamie said...

Awesome pics! This makes me want a smart phone so I too can enjoy the world of Apps. But alas, I have Sprint and my contract renewal isn't for another year so no EVO phone.

Please keep posting things with your phone-- it's great!