Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Big T-W-O


Who let AJ get so big? He's 2 now, you know. On December 3, 2007, our little 6 lb 12 oz baby boy came to meet us. The first year zipped by. His second year rocketed past, too. I remember all of it, and almost none of it, if that makes any sense.

Gramma Betty, Papa Rog, Lolo and Lola came by to celebrate this weekend. We ate shrimp, cheese, little cupcakes with pineapple, pizza, and 2 kinds of birthday cake. After the Holidazzle party on Saturday at the Phipps Place, I had no business stuffing my face as I did, but your kid is only 2 once. AJ got a little wound up and ran around. He had one time out (for throwing- Daddy TOLD him to stop). He opened up some presents and would not sit still for a photo. So take a look at these "action shots" and admire the back, side, or blur that is my 2 year old, Adrian James!

He got shy while we were singing.

AJ knows his capital letters, can identify numbers to 10,
and can tell you which shapes are circles, diamonds, and ovals.
Ok, Ok....Geez, I'll stop.
Here he is showing Gramma Betty his mad skills.

The enigma that is my father. Look at those pants. What a dashing figure.


Micky and Mike. Can you tell them apart?

I'll tell you, there was a wild thing at my house after eating all the cake...


Opening up bathtub letters


Micky Mouse Counting car. He counts backwards as well as forwards.
We heard "12, 11, 12, 11, 12" for quite a while. Yay.



Surveying his domain.

We had a great time and I gave AJ his bath, read him his books, and popped him in his warm bed 1.5 hours early! Whew...


No comments: