Saturday, December 12, 2009

Holidays 2009









We have been enjoying the excitement and fun the holidays bring here in cold Illinois. The temps took a dip the other day and we got a little snow to cover the ground and make things look a bit more festive. AJ helped me with the Christmas lights. He thought they would look great if he jammed all of the strings behind the couch. It was real fun. My parents made the discovery that my prelit tree is missing a large section of prelit-edness. I tried to make the adjustment by placing a short string of colored lights in the dark part. The problem is that the tree has white lights on it. You, dear readers, have just discovered why there is no picture of my tree here for your enjoyment.

I keep a teenager at the ready for babysitting needs, so Mary P. came over to watch AJ while Mike and I attended the Holiday Party. We had a great time. We work so hard at teaching these days with federal law, testing, paperwork, testing, crammed schedules, testing, fill every minute with learning, testing, inservices...what did I forget? Oh yeah, testing- that is was nice to have dinner with everyone in a relaxed setting. We talked about our families, our plans, our cars, sports, told/heard corny jokes, laughed at each other, and danced. My My did we dance...I have a blister on my pinky toe. We missed Kathy and Aldo, though. They are awaiting the arrival of Little Zepe and Kathy is to do that waiting from her spot on the couch. So no dancing for them.

Seeing as the folks over at And Then There Were Three are sick, our dinner and playtime over there had to be re-scheduled for another night. Although that was a major bummer, the Albandias hit the road in search of Superdawg and tacky Christmas lights. We drove over to Lincolnwood and Sauganash where Mike remembered there were big lights when he was a kid. Apparently all those people have moved. But the hot dogs were first rate.

Sunday is on the horizon and so is caroling with the church group. AJ and Mike will have some bonding time together while I do that with my mom and good friend Stephanie.

These holidays are filled with fun for us, and we wish the same for your families! Peace, Joy and Love this season!




No comments: