Friday, July 1, 2011

Two Miles is a Long Way For Little Feet

AJ and I went to Crabtree Nature Center. He built habitats for bugs. Big plastic not-to-scale bugs.

He went in a tent. He yelled at me when I tried to get in there too.

He looked at fish through a "fying glass".

He looked at tadpoles through it, too. But he didn't believe me that they would be frogs some day.


After we left the learning center, I let him pick the trail and which way we went at all the forks in the road. This would have been a fine idea if I had READ THE SIGNS. We chose the "Phantom Prairie" trail which turned out to be hot, sunny, buggy and 2 miles long. He was a trooper. I was freaking out a little bit, but after we started singing songs, he was happy. He took a three hour nap after we got home.


No comments: