Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Skeeter Syndrome"


While ramming around my parent's backyard on Sunday, AJ was bitten by a mosquito under his eye. Mosquitos love him. It's all that sweetness, you know.

The next morning, his eye was all swollen and he looked like he had been in a fight. He was rubbing it a lot so I gave him some Benadryl and tried to put some calamine lotion on the bite. It helped a tiny bit. It was better Tuesday morning, and my Tuesday night the swelling had almost completely disappeared. He has a bruise -like discoloration under his eye and redness around the bite now.

Last week, he was bitten on his wrist and it puffed up so much I thought he had sprained it. It was a tiny bite, but the area around it just blew up. My Google Medical Degree allows me to say with little to no certainty that this phenomena is referred to as "Skeeter Syndrome". So now I'm on the search for a bug repellent that is safe for a kid with eczema and extremely sensitive skin.


No comments: