Thursday, June 24, 2010

We Went To The Zoo....and so did the rest of Illinois

It has been said that there are two seasons in Chicago, winter and construction. That point was never so clear this morning as we embarked on a journey to Brookfield Zoo. It took us a. really. long. time.

Once we got there, Papa Rog "guided" us to the animal exhibits. If you know Papa Rog, you know why I put that in quotes. Moving on...

The majority of pictures I took (and that you will see here) were of the kids and grown ups. Because, face it, if you've seen one rhino, you've seen em all. However, here's a sloth bear, because it wouldn't be a blog post about a zoo trip if there were zero pics of animals.
Rory pulled the kids around all day. He has arms of steel. (Wonder if he does ChaLean Extreme?)
There is a splash pad that the little ones cooled off in. I did not take the camera because it the only one I have left that works and I didn't want to risk it.
On the way out, we rode the Carousel. Erin rode a tiger.
AJ and I sat in a chair.
Erin and AJ are getting along well and they seem to understand each other. Rory is a real nice guy- I may have mentioned that last post- but so far he hasn't done anything to alter that opinion. I hope the rest of the trip is just as fun!

1 comment:

M said...

What a fun day! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following yours now.