Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good Food


In installment two of the "Mini Taste of Chicago", you will see feats of amazing eating ability. Just when you think that Mike cannot possibly eat another bite, he shocks and astounds you by making room for yet more and fattier foods.

Mike and I decided to take Rory and Sara to Gale Street Inn for ribs. They are to- die- for beautiful. He was not disappointed. Here is a feast for your eyes...
Mike ate his entire slab, all of his baked potato, Rory's fries and then ordered a slab to go.
And he keeps that fabulous physique...





But were they done? Oh no. Mike wanted to show Rory the best ice cream. So the boys stopped in at Oberweis for a little dessert. Here Mike is gobbling up triple chocolate cake a la mode and Rory has a triple chocolate shake with chocolate ice cream. So I guess that makes it a quadruple chocolate shake. I just watched and was awed by the gluttony.

Gramma Betty and Papa Rog ("Gar paj" in AJ speak) had the kids from 12:00 to about 5:30 pm. They have been having a great time together, but it ends up getting a little wild. By "a little" I mean a lot. This is what we saw when we returned to Algonquin. I was worried. It turns out Dr. Erin had it all under control.

1 comment:

Mrs. Choudhary said...

Oh, home sweet home Jeff Park. You could have walked to my parents' house where I grew up!